Happy upcoming 4th of July!!!
Even though the 4th of July is a month or so away, I was thinking about what it means to me. This design reflects my belief that even with all our various and different histories, religions, skin colors, interests or ways of thinking, we are all one here on this our only Earth and in this time.
I hope that as you stitch this design you will think about our "Oneness" and realize no matter where we live, we are indeed ONE. We are Humanity.
We Are One will be out to shops very near to June 1. This is a fairly quick stitch. :-) It took me only 20 days with designing too. You can see more of the WIP pix on my blog <<click here
· Design size 156 wide x 142 high.
· Model was stitched on Wichelt 32 ct linen, “Ocean Kiss” #65281L over 2;
· Finished size on 32 count over 2 = 9 ¾ x 8 7/8”; Always allow extra for framing.
· Alternate sizes would be: 40 count over 2 = 7 ¾ x 7 1/8” or 26 count over 1 = 6 x 5 ½”
· Suggested fabric: Wichelt 32 ct linen , Ocean Kiss, #65281L (lt grey similar to DMC 318/415)
· Specialty Stitches: Algerian Eye, Fan, Back stitch; some blending of threads
· Floss: Dinky Dyes silk and silk perle. Kits available through Dinky Dyes
· Note: This design is suitable to be stitched over 1 thread of fabric.