A Cheeful-Up Valentine just for your Special Someone:
When was a child, I used to say this to my mother. I don't remember saying it, of course, but when I grew older, she reminded me more than once. I suppose it was one of those cute things children say... but it recently came to mind as just the thing for a Valentine. Who cannot use a little "cheerful up"?
As I was just posting over on my blog that I was in a red and white mood recently and since I've not designed a heart previously, I thought this might be a delicious change. The blog shows you some stitching in progress but here you see the finished design.
A Facebook friend asked about the button border on the antique version. The buttons were a midnight inspiration since I had no heart-shaped frame and wanted something different. The button boxes in my sewing room are filled with the collecting efforts of both my mother and myself - for many decades.
Here it is on pure white linen - a traditional look.
Cheerful Up Valentine will be on the way to distributors by the first of this coming week. It will be in shops by the end of January.
· Fabric: Zweigart Edinburgh linen, 40 ct Days Gone By; alternate model is worked on White Zweigart 36 ct.
· Floss: Crescent Colours Cotton Razzleberry for the Days Gone By version
or Dinky Dyes Mingenew or Pilbara Silk on the pure white linen.
· Finished size on 40 ct over 2: 7 1/3”w x 5 1/3”h.
· Finished size on 36 ct over 2: 8 1/8”h x 5 7/8”h;
· Full cross stitches and back stitch only, so that this design can be worked over 1 thread of fabric for a dainty version.